My Bike

My Bike

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Batwing or No Batwing?

So here is the next question to be answered.  I've had a windshield in the past.  It was alright, but I prefer the look of the batwinged bike to that of the windshielded bike.  As usual, I've taken the time to do a very quick photoshop of my bike with a batwing fairing installed...quite like it, actually...




That said, though, the fairing kind of ruins the classic look that I'm going for.  The fairing that I 've photoshopped onto my bike, above, is from a photo of a VulcanForums.com member, Chaso56. Part of me says that if I want a fairing then I should go all the way and get a proper bagger such as the Vaquero, Street Glide, Road Glide, Cross Country or Stratoliner Deluxe.



Any of those bikes would be great to own, but I have a special place in my heart for the Vaquero and Street Glide.  For my classic, though, I think the windshield, if anything camp wins out.  When I'm ready for a fairing I'll buy a bike that comes with that and hard saddlebags as standard, perfect-fit equipment.  If I was putting my money on the table for a bagger right now, my choice would be the Vaquero.

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at my bike on the VulcanForums.com

    I have a fairing on my 1700 classic.

    ReplyDelete