My Bike

My Bike

Monday, April 25, 2011

Raising a Rider (Part II)

I had to jump over to work yesterday evening.  It was beautiful out, so I decided to take the bike.  I said bye to the family, and my 3-year-old daughter responded "Daddy, can I come with you?"  I didn't actually understand what she had said, so I replied, "Pardon?" She elaborated, "Can I come with you? On the motorcycle."  I was happy and heartbroken at the same time.  As mentioned earlier, this wasn't her first display of interest in the bike or in motorcycles in general (she's *still* requesting "Daddy motorcycle" stories at bedtime), but this caught me by surprise.  I had to tell her that she's still too small, and that maybe when she's bigger we can go for a ride together.  Absolutely warmed and broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment